Updated renders, the least fun part, and a road trip

Here are a couple more renders showing the layout a bit better:

Floor plan

Floor plan

Shot from the rear

Shot from the rear

It's been about a solid week of stripping the paint from the frame, which consists of crawling over and under the frame slathering on Citristrip (a chemical paint stripper), peeling it off with a scraper, and then wire brushing the residue. Today I finished with all that, and will start the process of coating the frame with POR-15 (a heavy duty 'paint' / rust converter) tomorrow.

Beer.  NOW.

Beer. 

NOW.

Also today I went on a road trip up 285 to Salida to pick up my solar system from a guy who sells systems to vandwellers and RV'ers when he's not hanging out in India. He gives you all the parts you need, down to the wiring and lugs, and provides a diagram for you to install it yourself. Being a bit of a dunce when it comes to electricity, just having to figure out which parts go where and try not fry myself is going to be a huge time saver.

2017-07-26 15.30.40.jpg

I'll get (way) more into the details later, but it's 2 250w panels, and 4 90AH AGM batteries, with a 1000w inverter.